For this Discussion, your instructor will assign you a case number.
|Case 1||Case 2||Case 3|
|Cases||J.R. is a nurse practitioner in a clinic on a large, isolated Indian reservation. The clients in his community have a disproportionately high rate of alcoholism and suicide. Poverty is widespread.He believes the most important component of his job is to promote wellness among his clients. J.R. reaches out to the people of the community by providing wellness clinics and educational forums. He uses a holistic approach to health care, incorporating traditional Indian healing practices along with Western medicine.||P.Q. is a nurse practitioner in a rural, agricultural community. The community is populated mostly by the Hispanic families that work in the fields. Many of the families are migrant workers. They stay in his community during the planting and harvesting seasons and then migrate back to Mexico or to other communities where they can find work.Many of the families that he helps are struggling to stay together. Many parents must leave their young children behind in Mexico. Husbands and wives are separated frequently, putting additional stress on the family system. As a child of migrant farm workers, P.Q. understands their predicament first-hand and is able to assist the families he serves with viable health-promotion plans.||M.G. is a school nurse practitioner in a district with a high number of teen pregnancies. Teen pregnancy has been a problem in this district for several generations now, and the rate is one of the highest in the state.She chairs a task force created to address the teen pregnancy problems in the school district. Teachers, parents, students, and other interested community members sit on the task force. M.G. affects change by providing information the community needs to develop health-oriented skills, attitudes, and related behavioral changes.|
|Questions for the case||Do you think is appropriate that J.R. is adapting his practice incorporating traditional Indian healing practices along with Western medicine? Support your answer with evidence base practice recommendation.||P.Q. uses the following five measures of family functioning to determine the effectiveness of interventions:changes in interaction patternseffective communicationability to express emotionsresponsiveness to needs of members as individualsproblem-solving abilityDefine each one and give clinical examples.||Create a plan for the community regarding Teen pregnancy. Include education, prevention, care and recommendations.|
Why Choose Us?
Bringing Life to Your Smile
Submit a plagiarism free paper
Get the best grades with the essay help of Keenessays!
Ready to Start?
Fill up the Order Form and Ask Your Queries
Once you received your case number; answer the specific question on the table above. Then, continue to discuss the 3 topics listed below for your case:
- An effective health assessment incorporates not only physiological parameters; please suggest other parameters that should be considered and included on health assessments to reach maximal health potential on individuals.
- Name the different family developmental stages and give examples of each one.
- Describe family structure and function and the relationship with health care.
- Your instructor will assign you your case number and you will post on the case number you have been assigned.
- You will reply to the other two case studies (One of each).
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.